Thursday, April 30, 2009

Road Trip!

Monday, April 27, Debbie (my mother-in-law) and I left for Denver. We arrived Tuesday afternoon. What a trip. We drove to Salina, KS on Monday and than to Denver (Aurora) on Tuesday. Such an interesting trip. I have never been further than Kansas City, I think. I have an uncle who lived in KS at one time, but I don't remember where. I tell you what, I haven't seen such stretches of land with nothing practically on them. It was really cool at one point we turned this corner and here were all these wind turbines. Amazing!

We both really need this trip. Who knows the next time I'll get to take a long trip and Debbie has been helping Granny recover from her fall. So far it has been great. Two things we found really funny was the tolls you have to pay and one had a sign that said "Exact change, coins only, no pennies." Since when are pennies not coins? The other thing was that winds were really high, like 20+ mph. When we came toward the end of the windy area there was an electronic sign that read, 'High Wind Advisory.' We were like, really? Duh! We've only been driving in it for the last 3 hours!!!! Some things are just dumb.

No comments: