Thursday, April 30, 2009

7 months and counting

We had our 7th month appointment on April 22. Things are looking good. I was a little surprised to find I had gained 9lbs this month! So overall I have gained 21lbs. I sure don't look like it, thank God Almighty :) Dr. Breniman is so good and makes me laugh. He measured my belly for the first and said, "Yep, you're pregnant." It was funny. BIG NEWS: we set the birthday! So mark your calendars: June 29 Joseph Martin Higginbotham will be arriving at 7:30am. OMG! I can't wait and am nervous all together. It is only two months away and it is barely real. However, setting that date made it very real. He is a healthy little boy who likes food already. He seems to move as soon as I eat to say, Yeah food.
To me, Ethan, my nephew has had the most memorable things to say. He is so smart, and only 3, and he remembers I'm having a baby. Every time he sees me he asks, "You have a baby in your belly, don't you?" And I tell him yes. A Couple of weeks ago I got to go to gymnastics, eat lunch and go to the park with Amber, Randy and Ethan. It was so much fun. At lunch Ethan asked his question than said he wanted a baby in his belly and daddy's belly too. Amber and I told him only girls could have babies and he gave us a look like, 'that's not fair.' We laughed and he broke out in a smile. Last week my visit produced a very special moment. He asked his question and than just said, "He's a good baby." And we talked about babies crawling and pooping (poop is always a big topic :) ). I always enjoy my visits with them, thanks Amber for letting just drop in. LOVE YOU! Praise God for little boys.

No comments: