Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Rocky Mountains



Okay, so I had not seen real mountains before and our hostess, Teal Elliott, took us to Rocky Mountain Park by way of Estes Park on Wednesday. Thanks Teal! It was so beautiful. Above are pictures of Estes Park. You could only drive about 35mph because it was so curvy and you never knew if you turned a corner if wildlife would be on or near the road. The far right pic is a stone top. It was just cool looking.


When we entered the park I was in awe. God has really created so much beauty. I got to see elk for the first time. They are huge! The mountains still had some snow on them. If you haven't been there, go. It is so pretty. I also saw these little animals called pikas. They are bigger than a chipmunk, but not by much. I couldn't get a picture b/c they were so fast. They are cute though. The mountains are so impressive.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so glad you have internet access! I have loved reading about your trip and the updates on baby Joseph! Thinking of you guys...