Friday, September 2, 2011

Get Motivated

On Tues I went to the Get Motivated conference at Verizon Arena. Overall I enjoyed it. The speakers were entertaining, captivating and some where motivational. I have learned that you can listen to almost anyone and get something from them. Whether it's your pastor, a speaker, a coach, a teacher, your friend or even your enemy. What you learn may be good or bad and how you perceive and put into action is a choice for you to make. I have recently learned that the only thing I can control are the actions I make, the results I want may not follow. Sometimes that's okay, you have to learn to just move on if you want to succeed. Being in Premier has taught me some will, some won't, so what, who's next? This is great advice for many places in life. Terry Bradshaw's overall theme on Tuesday was simply, Be Happy. I like that because he said, "happy people are productive people." You know he's right. Have you ever been really productive looking at life thinking it all sucks? I doubt it.  Add to that what I got from Laura Bush, be who you are and don't let your circumstances dictate you. Now you got an awesome thing going for you: Be happy and be yourself no matter what. How many days are we really us? Very often we aren't us but we become who our bosses want or who our spouses want or who our children want. It can be so tiresome. I think that if we just let ourselves come on out and be us that God meant for us to be then all the people around us will be better off too.  Hope you have a great day, you get to choose!

No comments: