Monday, February 23, 2009

IT'S A BOY!


After the all the waiting and antipation we found out today we are having a boy. Joseph Martin Higginbotham. He's already cute! He's also ahead of schudule. I am at 20 weeks and 5 days and he is at 21 weeks and 2 days. He weighs about 14oz. The doctor said everything is in order and he looks great. I too am doing well. I have gained another 2 pounds, a total of 8. Very thankful for that. He is making sucking motions already, we got to see it. He has my nose :) and long legs. As you can see they are almost as long as his little body. His femur was very visible. His little heart beating at a healthy 167 bpm. We are so excited and JW can't keep from smiling. I'm so glad for him, having a son is a great thing for a guy. He's going to be a wonderful dad. How awesome is God?!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I am so HAPPY for you! God is so good.

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you. The morning you guys went for your appointment I was talking to Vicki and Amy about it and I kept calling the baby "him" I realized I was doing and I said "I think it's a boy so I am just going to keep saying that" .... lo and behold an hour or so later......JW called with the news! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Praising GOD for a healthly and beautiful baby boy.
Dad and I are so happy. We can not wait to hold him and spoil him rotten.He will be a loved so much by all of us.Can not wait to hear him calling us MIM and PAPA.

Love to you and JW
MOM & Dad

Amber said...

What fun boys are to parents, grandparents, and Aunts & Uncles! We can't wait to meet little Joseph Martin this summer! Glad you are feeling better!